You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice commands

How do you get voice commands to record commands?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 11:53 AM

5 replies

Aug 1, 2019 4:00 AM in response to Gayors

I try and use voice control I don’t recognize phone numbers or names I go in and try and create new demands that don’t work in because it won’t record a Command and my phone keeps on freezing up just trying to let you all know so you can Fix it if it works like it should it’s gonna be a great app I sure hope y’all get it fixed I’ll be waiting for your response.

Aug 1, 2019 9:09 AM in response to Gayors

Gayors wrote:

Then what good is it if the functions don’t work ? I hope it get better.

It's a very old, rudimentary system. It has largely been superseded by Siri. I don't expect that there will be very many changes in it.

Keep in mind that using Voice Commands requires are relatively quiet environment and that you use an accent as close to standard for your language as possible. If you're in the U.S., you want to sound as much like a national newscaster and not like you're from rural Texas or Maine.

Voice commands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.