You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for the charging case to be damaged but not the AirPods?

My AirPods got washed and now they have become a paper weight. So i was searching, possibly to buy some new ones and i noticed that you can buy the charging case only, so my question is, is it possible for the Charging case to be damaged but not the Air buds? If so, how can i tell? I don't want to buy a new set if all i need is the charging case

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 1:23 PM

Make a Genius Bar appointment and take them in to be tested for find a friend who has a case for the same generation AirPods and try charging your AirPods in their case for 30 minutes. Also do the reverse, try their AirPods in your case and see if they charge. If none are working buy a new set.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 1:23 PM in response to Gavin4eva

Make a Genius Bar appointment and take them in to be tested for find a friend who has a case for the same generation AirPods and try charging your AirPods in their case for 30 minutes. Also do the reverse, try their AirPods in your case and see if they charge. If none are working buy a new set.

Is it possible for the charging case to be damaged but not the AirPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.