You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod to macbook

How can I transfer my iPod(2008) music to my macbook pro? iTunes doesn't help.

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 8:18 AM

Hello willy653,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about transferring content from an iPod to a Mac.

Syncing is intended to work in one direction, from Mac to iPod, so there's not a way to transfer content in the other direction, from iPod to Mac. However, if you still have the music on another computer, this might help you: Back up and restore your iTunes Library

If your content was purchased from the iTunes Store, you should be able to redownload it with these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2019 8:18 AM in response to willy653

Hello willy653,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about transferring content from an iPod to a Mac.

Syncing is intended to work in one direction, from Mac to iPod, so there's not a way to transfer content in the other direction, from iPod to Mac. However, if you still have the music on another computer, this might help you: Back up and restore your iTunes Library

If your content was purchased from the iTunes Store, you should be able to redownload it with these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Cheers!

iPod to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.