You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 12.1.2. Clearing "recently closed" menu without deleting cookies. Impossible?

How do I clear "recently closed" menu in Safari WITHOUT clearing cookies and website data? To clear my history in Safari I go to the History drop-down menu, I choose "Select All History" and then press delete. This doesn't clear cookies. This is what I want. However, this history still appears in "recently closed". That is ridiculous. I DELETED history. That means I want to delete it. I don't select "Clear All History" at the bottom of the History drop-down because that deletes cookies. I don't want to delete cookies. This is such a basic thing that is unfathomable to me that it is not possible.

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 1:37 PM

While holding down the option/alt key, try the Safari menu/Clear History and Keep Website Data menu selection.

3 replies

Safari 12.1.2. Clearing "recently closed" menu without deleting cookies. Impossible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.