You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change the name of my iCloud email

Hello Apple Support Community,

I have read a great many posts with people having similar issues as me and I am unable to find the answer, so I decided to create a post.

I created my Apple ID account with my gmail address, which I use as my primary email. When I created my Apple ID account, I also created an icloud.com email address as a secondary email so I could try it out.

Now I want to change my icloud.com email address, or delete my existing one and create a new iCloud email. Are either of those possible? I tried looking in appleid.apple.com and in icloud.com itself, but I could not find anything. appleid.apple.com refers to my icloud.com email as an "alias" but the iCloud mail web interface does not.

Let me repeat myself, the iCloud email I want to change the name of is not what I log on with for my Apple ID.

Thanks,

SKStrategia06.

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 12:15 AM

In your Mac system preferences > iCloud if Apple ID is signed with gmail services say example1@gmail.com , you can create a new Apple ID with iCloud domain from this location only say example1@icloud.com but once Apple ID is created with iCloud domain , its first and last letter or even you try to change / add on the characters can't be done and it will be permanent .

You had created another id in the past say eample2@icloud.com it could be added as secondary mail address in appleid.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2019 12:15 AM in response to SKStrategia06

In your Mac system preferences > iCloud if Apple ID is signed with gmail services say example1@gmail.com , you can create a new Apple ID with iCloud domain from this location only say example1@icloud.com but once Apple ID is created with iCloud domain , its first and last letter or even you try to change / add on the characters can't be done and it will be permanent .

You had created another id in the past say eample2@icloud.com it could be added as secondary mail address in appleid.apple.com

Change the name of my iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.