You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k Resolution no longer works on mojave 10.14.6

I recently purchased a monitor (LG 27UL500-W ) that has a native resolution of 3840 x 2160.

Up until about a day ago, when I was forced to update to mojave 10.14.6, now my monitor is limited to 1920x1080, and there's no longer a list of resolutions to select from, simply "larger text, smaller text". This is bad ui, it's also very frustrating considering I spent a lot of money to be able to utilize a higher resolution.

Is there a way to force my own native resolution ? Or will this be fixed in some other release?

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 11:22 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 18, 2019 6:25 PM in response to Nunoparada

So I had been using an hdmi cable, this was limiting the amount of video bandwidth. I ended up grabbing a display port cable (display port to usb c in my case), and I was able to get a full 3840x2160 and a 60hz refresh, so windows were no longer laggy as well. After using that cable the full range of resolutions available (at a full 60hz) appeared again

Aug 18, 2019 6:32 PM in response to Nunoparada

I know. My only guess is maybe even giving the option to display at a lower refresh rate maybe it degraded performance. I do wish however it was more apparent as to how to change that setting, I would've never thought to option click that area to open that menu, doesn't seem super intuitive.

Here's the cable I bought though:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075V27G2R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh, and the major difference between 30hz and 60hz is at 30hz you're going to have a more noticeably "laggy" desktop experience. HDMI simply doesn't support anything higher than 30hz. Displayport does.

4k Resolution no longer works on mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.