You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t hear alarm 🚨 in the morning

I adjust an alarm, but it isn’t work. Why ?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 11:29 PM

There could be many reasons for this. I can give you a few suggestions to see if it fixes anything:

1: Make sure 'Do not Disturb' mode is turned off.

2: Make sure your ringer toggle is not on silent mode (Toggle on the right hand side of your phone).

3: Check your Settings in Sound & Haptics.

4: Check your Clock settings. Click to edit the alarm of your choice and make sure Sound is on with a Selected Ringtone (you can test it out too by clicking on the Ringtone of your choice and seeing if the Sound is loud enough to wake you up).

5: Go into Settings > Face ID & Passcode. Try disabling Attention Aware Features as when I have it on my iPhone X, if I look at my phone and it detects my face, it will silence the Ringer/lower the volume of my Alerts.

After each step, try setting an alarm 1 minute from now to see if it is working.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2019 11:29 PM in response to Jeavie

There could be many reasons for this. I can give you a few suggestions to see if it fixes anything:

1: Make sure 'Do not Disturb' mode is turned off.

2: Make sure your ringer toggle is not on silent mode (Toggle on the right hand side of your phone).

3: Check your Settings in Sound & Haptics.

4: Check your Clock settings. Click to edit the alarm of your choice and make sure Sound is on with a Selected Ringtone (you can test it out too by clicking on the Ringtone of your choice and seeing if the Sound is loud enough to wake you up).

5: Go into Settings > Face ID & Passcode. Try disabling Attention Aware Features as when I have it on my iPhone X, if I look at my phone and it detects my face, it will silence the Ringer/lower the volume of my Alerts.

After each step, try setting an alarm 1 minute from now to see if it is working.

Hope this helps!

Can’t hear alarm 🚨 in the morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.