You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos will not delete when I right click

When I try to delete a photo by right clicking, the right click drop down does not drop down. I try also to highlight a photo and use the delete on the keyboard, and that does not respond.

However, right click is working on the side bar, and I can highlight an album or folder and the drop down gives me options and I can delete.

I have quit Photos and restarted, but that did not help.

Can you help me??

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 8:53 AM

7 replies

Aug 13, 2019 10:03 AM in response to suefrombend

Hallo suefrombend! You won't find a version of Photos to install because, as I understand things, Photos is an integral part of macOS, so you can only update it by updating your System. It can't be updated separately on its own. You're using OS El Capitan, some versions behind the current Mojave, so why not try and update your Mac (I'm guessing here, as you don't say which device you're using)? Updating the System might well help you, and at least you'll have the latest security updates! Regards, Ian.

Photos will not delete when I right click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.