You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Cellular

I’m looking to purchase an Apple Watch with GPS capabilities. However, I found a deal on an Apple Watch that is GPS + Cellular. Am I able to purchase and use this without adding the Apple Watch to my phone plan and using it for GPS capabilities only?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 3:55 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2019 4:47 PM in response to sierralee28

Just understand that if the watch you purchase is not designed for the region you are living/using it in, then you would not be able to activate cellular on that device. I realize you indicate you don't want to now, but as julieda says, you could later. But if the device is not for that region, it could not be activated with a carrier from that region. Also, not all geographic regions have cellular providers that support the Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.