You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not importing media

I'm working on a video in iMovie and am trying to import .MOV, mp3, and mp4 files to edit. I can click on the file in the import folder, click "import selected", but then it does not show up in "my media". I know these files are supported by iMovie because I have uploaded them before, so I'm not sure why it's not working now.

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed, or am I doing something wrong?

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 6:48 AM

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong. Sometimes a corrupt preference can disrupt imports. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2019 6:48 AM in response to maggiefromlemont

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong. Sometimes a corrupt preference can disrupt imports. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import.

-- Rich

iMovie not importing media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.