You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving multiple photos in iPhoto when drag and drop ceases to work

I don't understand why iPhoto no longer allows me to drag multiple photos to either the desk top of to iPhoto albums. I am running Snow Leopard as I have a great amount of heritage software that won't run on later OSX.

I have found that selecting multiple photos, copying (command-c) and pasting (command-v) does the trick.

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 4:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 10:12 AM

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

If the new library allows you to click and drag then the culprit is your current library. In that case launch the library with the Option+Command keys held down and: 1 - repair the library permissions; 2 - rebuild the library database (will take two separated launchings).

If the problem persists in the new, test library log into another user account on your Mac and rerun the test there. This will tell us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

If system wide boot into Safe Mode and test your current library from there. Reboot normally and try again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2019 10:12 AM in response to 1944BOB

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

If the new library allows you to click and drag then the culprit is your current library. In that case launch the library with the Option+Command keys held down and: 1 - repair the library permissions; 2 - rebuild the library database (will take two separated launchings).

If the problem persists in the new, test library log into another user account on your Mac and rerun the test there. This will tell us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

If system wide boot into Safe Mode and test your current library from there. Reboot normally and try again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Moving multiple photos in iPhoto when drag and drop ceases to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.