You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch fails pairing

My new Apple Watch series 3 keeps failing the pairing process. I have restarted my phone and the watch several times. My iPhone is connected to WiFi and cellular service and Bluetooth is on and airplane is off. I can’t get to any settings on the watch. How do I get it to pair?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 5:30 AM

Follow these directions....https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205025

Still need help....click on the Contact Support" link at the upper right side of this page.

6 replies

Aug 26, 2019 5:59 PM in response to julieda

I have contacted support and they weren’t able resolve the issue. The only resolution they gave was to return the watch for a refund. But, every where I look online people are saying that they are having the same problem. So even if I get my money back and try to buy another Apple Watch elsewhere, it seems likely I’ll have the same issue.

And yes, extremely frustrating to be given the same, extremely basic steps to try over and over without any other attempts to actually resolve the issue

Aug 26, 2019 6:26 PM in response to sarafromcolumbia

Sorry you feel that way. I have really been trying to help you. I would go for the refund. Sounds fair to me. I doubt you will have the same problem. I have only owned two watches. I had the first generation from the day it became available and gave it to my daughter-in-law the day the Series 4 became available. I never had a real problem with either watch. I did have a problem with the iPhone 6s Plus when it first came out but Apple refunded it and the replacement worked fine. I know it can be frustrating but hang in there.

Apple Watch fails pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.