You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to download all of the album artwork from my current library?

Hello,

I'm trying to optimise my iTunes music library by editing and compressing album artwork. I have a lot of artwork of different sizes, some downloaded, some scanned, some of it is even custom stuff I made for my own amusement. Anyways, the image editing is not the part I'm having problems with, it's getting access to the artwork files. I tried accessing all the artwork in the iTunes folder, but it seems to be encrypted and inaccessible. My question — is there a way I can download/access all of the album artwork from my current library at once, so I don't have to go through the insurmountable task of clicking on every single one of my +1500 albums and drag-and-dropping the artwork outside?

To be clear, I am NOT interested in those applications that "fix" mislabeled music and download artwork automatically. As I stated before, some of my artwork is custom and I purposefully don't want to replace it, I just want to edit all of the image files I already added as artwork.

I'm running iTunes 12.8.2.3 on High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 1:21 PM

You could start here: https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=savealbumart.

You may find other scripts there useful too.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Is there a way to download all of the album artwork from my current library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.