You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th Gen IPad won't download any apps w/o iOS 11 update

Will I not be able to download any apps??

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 1:26 PM

Rbrylawski is not entirely correct about this issue.

I still have my 4-yesr old iPad Pro running iOS 10.3.3.

I still get a huge chunk of apps the apps I have installed still updating.

Try the procedures im my user tip link below to see if you can still get an older version of whatever apps have moved on to iOS 11 or later.

Older versions of apps may still exist in the iOS App Store, despite the fact the apps may have moved on to an higher minimum iOS version, now.

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10/11 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/older iTunes procedures.

Any of my procedures/solutions work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

A Disclaimer.

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5/iOS 10.3.3 versions still available from within the iOS App Store.

There are a couple of ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app. Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that nearly 2-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5/10.3.3.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

Best of Luck to You!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2019 1:26 PM in response to JayRott10

Rbrylawski is not entirely correct about this issue.

I still have my 4-yesr old iPad Pro running iOS 10.3.3.

I still get a huge chunk of apps the apps I have installed still updating.

Try the procedures im my user tip link below to see if you can still get an older version of whatever apps have moved on to iOS 11 or later.

Older versions of apps may still exist in the iOS App Store, despite the fact the apps may have moved on to an higher minimum iOS version, now.

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10/11 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/older iTunes procedures.

Any of my procedures/solutions work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

A Disclaimer.

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5/iOS 10.3.3 versions still available from within the iOS App Store.

There are a couple of ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app. Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that nearly 2-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5/10.3.3.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

Best of Luck to You!

Aug 25, 2019 12:52 PM in response to JayRott10

If an app requires iOS 11 or higher you won't be able to download it on your iPad. It is now too old, too under powered and not capable of running the now required 64 bit software for the newer iOS levels. There are apps which will download on your iPad, but every day that list of apps grows smaller and smaller as it costs App developers too much money to support apps for iOS levels which are no longer supported.

The bottom line is if you need the Apps, then it's time to upgrade to a more modern iPad.

4th Gen IPad won't download any apps w/o iOS 11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.