You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from from my iMac

I am getting no sound from my iMac

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 4:51 PM

When did this issue start? Did you previously get sound from your iMac? What model iMac is it? Did the occurrence of the no sound issue correspond to the installation of any software updates?

I suggest starting with an NVRAM reset:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Once the NVRAM reset is complete if there is still no sound then verify your System Preferences for sound to make sure that the sound is being directed to the internal speakers and that the volume is set above the minimum.

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2019 4:51 PM in response to beate48

When did this issue start? Did you previously get sound from your iMac? What model iMac is it? Did the occurrence of the no sound issue correspond to the installation of any software updates?

I suggest starting with an NVRAM reset:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Once the NVRAM reset is complete if there is still no sound then verify your System Preferences for sound to make sure that the sound is being directed to the internal speakers and that the volume is set above the minimum.

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

No sound from from my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.