You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect to my hotmail account on my Mac

Can someone advise how you reconnect your hotmail account on a Mac. Keep receiving the message unable to verify account name or password. They have all been updated but still do not work.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Create a backup if you haven't done that already. To learn how to use Time Machine please read How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support. That doesn't have anything to do with your Mail difficulties; it just goes without saying that you should have a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2019 3:25 PM in response to Lar43Gut47

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Create a backup if you haven't done that already. To learn how to use Time Machine please read How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support. That doesn't have anything to do with your Mail difficulties; it just goes without saying that you should have a backup.

Can’t connect to my hotmail account on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.