You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac contacts and iCloud contacts different.

I have 2 x iPhones and a Macbook running OS Sierra. All have same iCloud account. Contacts ticked to synch on all. However I am now seeing 2 sets of contacts on my Macbook. One called "On my Mac" and one called iCloud. There is a difference between the 2. And worse I am now seeing duplicate birthdays in my calendar because it is picking up both calendars. It is driving me crazy. Help dear community.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 10:34 AM

Make sure the On My Mac contacts are also in the iCloud contacts. To ensure you can recover, select the first card in the On My Mac section, and then while holding down the shift key, select the last card. Then Contacts/File/Export/Export a vCards. You can put them on your Desktop. Once that is done, if necessary, select all the cards again. Then Contacts/Edit/Delete cards.

If you are sure you have all the information you need, you can then delete the file on your Desktop.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2019 10:34 AM in response to AussieAMC

Make sure the On My Mac contacts are also in the iCloud contacts. To ensure you can recover, select the first card in the On My Mac section, and then while holding down the shift key, select the last card. Then Contacts/File/Export/Export a vCards. You can put them on your Desktop. Once that is done, if necessary, select all the cards again. Then Contacts/Edit/Delete cards.

If you are sure you have all the information you need, you can then delete the file on your Desktop.

Mac contacts and iCloud contacts different.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.