You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Sharing to myself

So I have a very large photo library that I've been up keeping since the iPhoto days. It's huge and belongs on a hard drive and would be a ludicrous waste of cloud storage, bandwidth and mobile phone data to store it in iCloud.

On the other hand, things like photos of receipts, frequently referenced stuff, photos from the last few months etc I'd love to have in the cloud and accessible from all my Apple Devices.

So I've created some shared libraries that I can share to other people and quite appropriately live in iCloud, but they only show up in the Photos app on the device that I created them in. Surely I should be able to see these in any Photos app linked to my Apple ID? I've even tried sharing these to myself but it doesnt work. I have iCloud Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing turned on on all my devices.

Whats up with this?

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 10:23 AM

If you create the shared albums as public albums you'll be given a URL for them. Then you can access them from any computer with a browser.

The URL is so unusual that there's little chance that someone will stumble upon it.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud Photo Sharing to myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.