You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to know if your MacBook have virus?

hi, I am currently using MacBook Air 2019 edition.

I need to know if my MacBook have virus because I accidentally open a website with so many popup/cookies.

and there is also suggestion to download the maccleaner. do the maccleaner safe?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:02 PM

With all these junk files, and recognition of your Mac being a frequent visitor of the site, seems you need to clear your Temporary Internet Files — Too many exist.

Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

3 replies

Aug 27, 2019 9:28 AM in response to ae.da

Your MBA does not have a virus.

Popups cause no problem as long as you don't interact with them.

Cookies don't cause problems either.

You don't need any crapware such as MacCleaner install on your Mac. In fact is best to any third party apps which claim they will clean things up for you, offer you additional security or speed up your Mac. They are all lying when they make such claims. The Mac takes care of itself without any help from such things as those.

Aug 27, 2019 5:08 PM in response to ae.da

You can tell that your Mac absolutely does not have a virus because there are non known viruses that affect macOS.

You might have installed some other forms of Malware, but all known malware is blocked by the OS.

Adware is essentially a Trojan horse, but has yet to be declared so in the grand scheme of things.

macOS does not need anything that purports to clean, optimize, protect, or otherwise maintain your Mac.

Visiting a website cannot do anything to your Mac.

Visiting a website does not allow that website to scan your Mac for "viruses" or any other type of malware.

how to know if your MacBook have virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.