You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore my deleted texts messages?

Can I restore deleted texts messages

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 8:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 9:03 PM

Do you have iCloud set to sync your messages to other devices? (not your backup to iCloud, but iCloud's Messaging feature). In iCloud settings, if Messages is turned ON then that means that your messages are not part of your iPhone's backup and cannot be recovered.

If this feature is OFF, then restore your last backup (provided that a backup was not performed after the message was deleted). Note that restoring is all or nothing, and anything that occurred since the last backup will not get restored (aside from things saved in iCloud or other cloud services).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2019 9:03 PM in response to Alkhamri

Do you have iCloud set to sync your messages to other devices? (not your backup to iCloud, but iCloud's Messaging feature). In iCloud settings, if Messages is turned ON then that means that your messages are not part of your iPhone's backup and cannot be recovered.

If this feature is OFF, then restore your last backup (provided that a backup was not performed after the message was deleted). Note that restoring is all or nothing, and anything that occurred since the last backup will not get restored (aside from things saved in iCloud or other cloud services).

Can I restore my deleted texts messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.