You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Save Word Document

When I try to save I get the message, "'Word cannot save or create this file. The disk may be full or write-protected.Try one of the following:

*free more memory

*make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-protected or damaged.'"

I also get the message, "Word is unable to save the AutoRecover file in the location you have specified. Make sure that you have specified a valid location for Autorecover files in Preferences, and that you have permission to write files to the location that you specified." I haven't changed anything in preferences etc. and it was working before.

iMac running Mojave

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 1:51 PM

There is a ton of space on my hard drive. I should have pointed that out in the request. At any rate I called Apple Support and they had me cut and paste into Google Docs and then reboot my computer and then cut & paste it back into Word. I had to fix the formatting, but the content was saved. Clever fix.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2019 1:51 PM in response to VikingOSX

There is a ton of space on my hard drive. I should have pointed that out in the request. At any rate I called Apple Support and they had me cut and paste into Google Docs and then reboot my computer and then cut & paste it back into Word. I had to fix the formatting, but the content was saved. Clever fix.

Can't Save Word Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.