You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows. I enter it in the setup in the "advanced" manual setup box, and I've used various settings for the incoming and outgoing server settings that I have sourced from the web, none of them are working for me.

I've tried using the same password I do on my Apple devices also, and regenerating the password, and using "automatic setup" with the app specific password. I have a couple of Google email addresses, and a few mail.com email addresses which work fine with my windows mail setup. But the icloud account refuses to work, although I it worked briefly when I first set up the PC, but using a third party email client, and "sent" mail folders did not show up correctly.

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 5:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:05 PM

I rebooted the PC, and there were still no emails. And no responses to my question here.

So I went to bed, and six hours later, it is now working. The lesson being that changes to the email permissions for Apple iCloud mail can take a while to propagate through their servers, and the internet. (I'm in San Francisco BTW, the original iCloud servers were in Maiden, North Carolina. They are proposing building more/new ones in Iowa I see .)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2019 3:05 PM in response to Donald_Grahame

I rebooted the PC, and there were still no emails. And no responses to my question here.

So I went to bed, and six hours later, it is now working. The lesson being that changes to the email permissions for Apple iCloud mail can take a while to propagate through their servers, and the internet. (I'm in San Francisco BTW, the original iCloud servers were in Maiden, North Carolina. They are proposing building more/new ones in Iowa I see .)

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.