You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase font size when composing email in Mail

Hi,

I saw a thread with this question posted. I'm still having the same problem. I know that command + increases font size when I want to read emails, but I can't get it to work when I compose emails. I also don't want to permenantly change my font size in the email program because I don't want the recipients to content with an abnormally large font size. This is an accessibility issue. Why hasn't apple dealth with this?

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 10:13 AM

Blynk92 wrote:

I also don't want to permenantly change my font size in the email program because I don't want the recipients to content with an abnormally large font size.

You concern is unwarranted. Changing the font size in Mail preferences does not affect what recipients see, only what you see.

(Most users want to be able to use that setting to determine what recipients see and are very annoyed that it does not work, but for you this behavior is just right)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2019 10:13 AM in response to Blynk92

Blynk92 wrote:

I also don't want to permenantly change my font size in the email program because I don't want the recipients to content with an abnormally large font size.

You concern is unwarranted. Changing the font size in Mail preferences does not affect what recipients see, only what you see.

(Most users want to be able to use that setting to determine what recipients see and are very annoyed that it does not work, but for you this behavior is just right)

Increase font size when composing email in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.