You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to add my MacBook back to my Apple ID so I can unlock it

I want to add my MacBook back to my Apple ID so I can unlock it because I lock it from my phone and i mistakenly remove it from my Apple ID so i need to add it back to my Apple ID so I will be able to unlock my MacBook

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 11:49 AM

When you removed your MacBook from your Apple ID, you also removed it from Find My Mac. Since you locked it before doing so, the only way to unlock it is to enter the passcode that you used to lock it with. If you don't remember this passcode, then you will need to take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance. Be prepared to prove that this is your notebook by having a copy of your proof of purchase with you.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2019 11:49 AM in response to hamed286

When you removed your MacBook from your Apple ID, you also removed it from Find My Mac. Since you locked it before doing so, the only way to unlock it is to enter the passcode that you used to lock it with. If you don't remember this passcode, then you will need to take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance. Be prepared to prove that this is your notebook by having a copy of your proof of purchase with you.

I want to add my MacBook back to my Apple ID so I can unlock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.