You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When to backup my iPad/iPhone

Is it necessary to backup my iPad/iPhone before I install the iOS 12.4.1 software update?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 11:58 AM

Tellmeplz wrote:

Is it necessary to backup my iPad/iPhone before I install the iOS 12.4.1 software update?

Don't wait until you think you might need a back up. Back up regularly.

Given how easy it is to automatically back up your device using iCloud, I'd recommend you back up every day. That way, if your phone is lost or stolen, or drops out of your pocket and falls under the wheels of a bus, you've lost very little data.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2019 11:58 AM in response to Tellmeplz

Tellmeplz wrote:

Don't wait until you think you might need a back up. Back up regularly.

Given how easy it is to automatically back up your device using iCloud, I'd recommend you back up every day. That way, if your phone is lost or stolen, or drops out of your pocket and falls under the wheels of a bus, you've lost very little data.

When to backup my iPad/iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.