You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i download music while home sharing from my Imac to my new ipad

just bought a ipad and want all my music on the ipad

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 5:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 5:57 PM

If you set up the iPad with the same Apple ID as your Mac and iPhone, anything you have purchased from iTunes is available to your iPad.

• You can redownload your past purchases from the iTunes Store on your iOS device or computer. Even if you bought an item on your iPhone, you can redownload it on your Mac.
  • You can manually sync the music on your iOS device with iTunes on your computer using a USB cable or over Wi-Fi. When you sync manually, your content copies from one device to another. For example, syncing your iPhone with your computer copies any selected music from iTunes on your computer to your device (if it's not already there). Your music collection stores locally on all of your devices and you can listen to it without being connected to Wi-Fi or the Internet.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2019 5:57 PM in response to bruce117

If you set up the iPad with the same Apple ID as your Mac and iPhone, anything you have purchased from iTunes is available to your iPad.

• You can redownload your past purchases from the iTunes Store on your iOS device or computer. Even if you bought an item on your iPhone, you can redownload it on your Mac.
  • You can manually sync the music on your iOS device with iTunes on your computer using a USB cable or over Wi-Fi. When you sync manually, your content copies from one device to another. For example, syncing your iPhone with your computer copies any selected music from iTunes on your computer to your device (if it's not already there). Your music collection stores locally on all of your devices and you can listen to it without being connected to Wi-Fi or the Internet.

can i download music while home sharing from my Imac to my new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.