You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i access text messages from my iphone on my pc?

I am needing to access the text messages from my Iphone on my pc.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:33 AM

Is there any way we can encourage Apple to allow texting on a Windows PC somehow like you can on a Mac? Since most people in the US text through their cellular service phone numbers instead of a 3rd party app like Whatsapp, it's soooooooo super inconvenient that we can't do this!!! And the fact that most other messaging apps allow you to go back and forth between different devices and OS's shows just how ridiculous it is that iMessage doesn't allow for it. I might have to switch back to Android because of barriers like this... :(

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2019 11:33 AM in response to sergekills

Is there any way we can encourage Apple to allow texting on a Windows PC somehow like you can on a Mac? Since most people in the US text through their cellular service phone numbers instead of a 3rd party app like Whatsapp, it's soooooooo super inconvenient that we can't do this!!! And the fact that most other messaging apps allow you to go back and forth between different devices and OS's shows just how ridiculous it is that iMessage doesn't allow for it. I might have to switch back to Android because of barriers like this... :(

Nov 3, 2019 12:13 AM in response to claycali

If you have a Dell XPS since late 2017, (Dell says it has to be 2018 or newer XPS but I bought mine in November 2017 and the app works fine) or many other Dell machines, you can send and receive text messages from your iPhone on your PC. It's great. In fact, the app is wonderful in all respects. It's Dell Mobile Connect and available from the Microsoft Store. Plus, I don't need to pick up my iPhone to see new notifications either. When one comes in, Dell Mobile Connect puts a small notice in the upper right corner of my computer screen and if I hover my mouse there, I can read it there or open the full app and read it. I have desktops and don't have a good mike but if I did, I could use the app to make and receive all iPhone phone calls.

There are numerous reports of non Dell machines being able to use the Dell Mobile Connect app so if you don't have a Dell you still might try it. It's free.

how do i access text messages from my iphone on my pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.