You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking help

My wife’s Apple ID has been locked. And she doesn’t remember the email and security questions. Now how could we take it back? Please I really need your help! TIA

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 2:03 AM

By all means:

Contact Apple Support. They’ll know what’s going on with a locked account. And will run you through how to fix it.

Apple Contact Info:

6 replies

Sep 6, 2019 10:55 AM in response to vietanh26

vietanh26 Said:

My wife’s Apple ID has been locked. And she doesn’t remember the email and security questions. Now how could we take it back?

———-

A Few Thoughts in Advance:

• Discovering Why it Was Locked:

Contact Apple to discover why it has been locked. If she suspects that her Apple ID has been compromised, then by all means have her modify her login credentials: eMail and Password.

• Use Easy-to-Remember Answers:

When proceeding to modify the security questions’ answers, make them honest, correct answers, that way she can fully recall them.

• How and Where to Store this Info:

I highly recommend that she keeps a hardcopy of this in handwriting, and stores it in a safe location that only she is aware of and knowledgeable of. Do not share this information with any body.

Apple Contact Info:

Sep 6, 2019 11:30 AM in response to vietanh26

If the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although I’m not sure they will help. There have been posts that state Apple ID Support will no longer help reset security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

See if you can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Sep 7, 2019 2:24 AM in response to vietanh26

Use another phone to contact Apple (if available). It doesn’t have to be an Apple Brand phone that you call from.

If that is of no success...

Chat with Apple:

If this is of no luck, contact Apple Support Directly. Go to: support.apple.com From there, select Get Support. Log in and then, perform a chat session with an Apple Rep.

Enable the Camera on a Separate iPhone:

Change the Camera app on it to ideo Mode, Screenshare the iPhone with the Apple Rep. Doing that, the Apple will see firsthand what is going on — from your perspective.

That’s the best I can think of.

Asking help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.