You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked iPad

previous owner of my iPad got in prison for lifetime and I can't contact him. I paid $275 in cash. Is APPLE COMPANY will help me out or I WILL BE FORCED TO DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL ?

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 3:25 PM

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. The previous owner must take the necessary steps to allow your use of the device. Since you cannot contact the previous owner you will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it. That includes Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2019 3:25 PM in response to russiausa

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. The previous owner must take the necessary steps to allow your use of the device. Since you cannot contact the previous owner you will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it. That includes Apple.

locked iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.