You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" 2017 startup problem

My MacBook was fine until a few months ago. If I close the lid, it doesn't go to sleep I have to physically go and tell it to sleep. This is not the main problem. The screen keeps going black when I restart from either sleep mode or shut down mode. It then tells me the battery is extremely low (an icon with flashing red battery). The only way I can restart it is to plug it in. It then starts up and if I look at the battery it says anything from 50% to 100% charged and continues to show this as I work. I tried the diagnostics (holding down the letter D) but it doesn't work even though I followed the instructions to the letter. This is annoying as it has occasionally gone black screen when I'm in the middle of something and then I have to plug it in and start all over again. Surely a battery should last longer than about 18 months to 2 years?

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 1:27 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Macbook Pro 13" 2017 startup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.