You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows Playlist Crash

I just bought a new Windows computer. Installed the iTunes app and imported all my music. Everything worked until I created a very large playlist. Anytime I try to select the playlist the iTunes crashes. If I try to right click on it to delete it, iTunes crashes. I created a second playlist of the same size, same problem. I created a small playlist I can select it but if try to delete it, iTunes crashes.

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 4:44 AM

Define very large. Regular playlist or smart? Try holding down shift+ctrl as you launch iTunes to open in safe mode, this may let it fix any internal issues in the library. If possible exclude the iTunes folder from any real-time anti-virus scanning which can sometime trip up iTunes as it updates the library.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2019 4:44 AM in response to MuseumAndy

Define very large. Regular playlist or smart? Try holding down shift+ctrl as you launch iTunes to open in safe mode, this may let it fix any internal issues in the library. If possible exclude the iTunes folder from any real-time anti-virus scanning which can sometime trip up iTunes as it updates the library.

tt2

iTunes for Windows Playlist Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.