You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast is showing up on Apple when I search but my RSS is not being validated when I try to connect my Itunes account.

Hi, My Podcast Officalcallmenevi is showing up in the Apple podcast app but when I go to connect it to my Itunes account it is saying that Parse cant feed cant validate error. I put my RSS in the Feed Validator but dnt understand a thing that it is telling me. I am new to this but am very willing to learn. Any help is much appreciated thank you!

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 12:33 AM

If you submit the feed yourself when signed into your own Apple ID, it's your podcast. If it's submitted by Anchor under their ID (I'm not entirely familiar with their methods) it's essentially theirs - for example you can't access statistics, or change the feed URL.

If it's already been submitted by them you are stuck unless you cancel it altogether and start over. If they won't let you submit it under your own ID, find another host. Apple have posted a list of recommended podcasting services:

https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/partnersearch

Some of these have to be paid for.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2019 12:33 AM in response to nevidljiva

If you submit the feed yourself when signed into your own Apple ID, it's your podcast. If it's submitted by Anchor under their ID (I'm not entirely familiar with their methods) it's essentially theirs - for example you can't access statistics, or change the feed URL.

If it's already been submitted by them you are stuck unless you cancel it altogether and start over. If they won't let you submit it under your own ID, find another host. Apple have posted a list of recommended podcasting services:

https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/partnersearch

Some of these have to be paid for.

Sep 12, 2019 12:18 AM in response to nevidljiva

That's the URL of your Anchor web page, not your feed. Your feed is at

https://anchor.fm/s/d6e0598/podcast/rss

Podcasts Connect says your feed has already been submitted. Once it's been submitted you can't validate it there.

Who submitted the feed? You or Anchor? If they submitted it under their Apple ID it's in effect their podcast and not yours. I assume that it's still under review by the podcasts staff. They may object to your 'itunes:summary' tag in the top section of the feed, which is too brief - it's from there that the Store takes its 'Description' text. It should be a couple of lines giving a general description of the podcast - you have one brief sentence and a puff for Anchor.

Your image file size is far too large at 1.4MB - it must be less than 500kB, and I'm surprised it wasn't rejected immediately.

Podcast is showing up on Apple when I search but my RSS is not being validated when I try to connect my Itunes account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.