You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod not working with Hue lights after router reboot

I was away from home for 2 weeks. Upon returning I asked Siri via the homepod to turn on some lights and it worked. I then rebooted my router and now I can't get the homepod to turn on any lights keep getting "Some devices didn't respond". The Homepod is version 12.4. I tried unplugging the homepod with same result. Removed and reinstalled Homepod and still getiing 'some devices didn't respond'.

Lights work fine on the Home app on my Iphone. Also works on the Hue app.

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 2:32 PM

Thanks so much! You pointed me in the right direction. My router allows me to set-up different networks and my Iphone and homepod were on different networks. Once I synced them to the same network, problem was solved!

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 12, 2019 2:19 PM in response to floatplan

Try rebooting the router again and reset network settings in the iOS device you used to set it up.

In settings- General- Reset - Reset Network settings

This might also be an issue with the Hue bridge (it can be reset but you’d lose all your bulbs settings)

check in the Hue App (update the app via the App Store if it needs one) if any bulbs or the bridge need a software update - In the .Hue App in settings.

Homepod not working with Hue lights after router reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.