You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer in my app from the App Store to my MacBook Pro so that I could program it?

I upgraded from a 2017 MacBook Pro to a 2019 MacBook Pro, and upon transferring it, transferring failed, and it deleted all of my files, including my app. Since it is in the App Store, can I download it as an IPA and then continue editing with Xcode? I am trying to promote the app so that it could be popular so that I could get some money from it. So, I am curious if I could be able to get my app back to develop if I don't put it in the cloud.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 5:43 AM

Only the object code is stored on the App Store.

The source code is not available there, even if you submitted it to Apple.

You need to fix the problem with Migrating your files, and then it may be possible to continue development of your App.

¿What is the date of your latest Backup? and by what method?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2019 5:43 AM in response to iHelpFixUriDevice

Only the object code is stored on the App Store.

The source code is not available there, even if you submitted it to Apple.

You need to fix the problem with Migrating your files, and then it may be possible to continue development of your App.

¿What is the date of your latest Backup? and by what method?

Sep 13, 2019 6:18 AM in response to iHelpFixUriDevice

You are learning "the hard way" why an independent external drive with a backup copy of your files is NOT optional, it is essential.

Time Machine (already on you Mac) would be happy to make one for you, and continue to make hourly incremental backups in the background, without disturbing your important work. When you need it, that extra copy of you files will be there.

You need to supply a drive, at least 2.5 times the size of what you want to save, in an external enclosure or adapter. That drive does not benefit from being particularly fast.

How can I transfer in my app from the App Store to my MacBook Pro so that I could program it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.