You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cracked MacBook screen

Hi everyone.

About a month ago, I noticed hairline cracks on my screen. There is not point of damage and I am extremely careful with my MacBook. It has a case on it and I never throw it around or place it where it could be damaged. This crack came out of nowhere. I did NOT set it down too hard or put it in a dangerous place. It was simply sitting on the floor AWAY from anyone or anything that could damage it. And no I did not set it down too hard. A couple of days ago I opened my laptop and now there as green lines coming from the hairline cracks. When I run my finger over the crack, though, I can't feel a crack leading me to believe it's not on the surface. I need to know how much this will cost me to fix.

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 3:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 3:37 PM

You will need to contact Apple support or take it to your nearest Apple store for an evaluation. If you have Applecare +, there will be a service fee. If not, it will be expensive.

Similar questions

1 reply

cracked MacBook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.