You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app not on mac

The Apple website states "If you have an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, you already have the Apple TV app — the ultimate way to watch Apple TV+. " My MacBook Air 10.14.6 does not have the app and is not available when searched in the App Store.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:46 AM

Hello!

The Apple TV app will be part of macOS Catalina : "iTunes forever changed the way people experienced music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts. It all changes again with three all-new, dedicated apps — Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts — each designed from the ground up to be the best way to enjoy entertainment on your Mac. And rest assured; everything you had in your iTunes library is still accessible in each app. iCloud seamlessly syncs everything across your devices — or you can back up, restore, and sync by connecting the device directly to your Mac." catalina

You do not need an Apple TV in order to use the Apple TV app just like you can now with iOS devices.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2019 12:46 AM in response to 406mark

Hello!

The Apple TV app will be part of macOS Catalina : "iTunes forever changed the way people experienced music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts. It all changes again with three all-new, dedicated apps — Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts — each designed from the ground up to be the best way to enjoy entertainment on your Mac. And rest assured; everything you had in your iTunes library is still accessible in each app. iCloud seamlessly syncs everything across your devices — or you can back up, restore, and sync by connecting the device directly to your Mac." catalina

You do not need an Apple TV in order to use the Apple TV app just like you can now with iOS devices.

Sep 16, 2019 3:50 PM in response to 406mark

Here’s the list:

macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers:

MacBook Air

Learn how to identify your MacBook Air.

• MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
  • MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
  • MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
  • MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
  • MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)
  • MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013)
  • MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)

More info:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210222

Now I’m confused, my MacBook is on the list but it never updates past 10.9.5. I thought it was done bring current.

apple tv app not on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.