You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I GET APPLE MAPS ON MY WINDOWS PC

Somehow, when I enter an address to search for using a Firefox browser I get an apple map of the location. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I make it my default so I get the same result as iOS or iPad?

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 11:10 AM

This query started because I was looking for a restaurant menu and the Apple map popped up. A lot better looking than Google or Mapquest. I didn't know how it happened so i asked.

Bright idea, I searched duckduckgo and Apple Maps together and got a surprise. It for turns out that the people that use duckduckgo (DDG) as their search engine will get apple maps as DDG licensed Apple MapKit Js from Apple in January. https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/197786/duckduckgo-integrates-apple-maps-into-search-results

I didn't really notice as I don't use location searches too often. In the past I have opened Google maps or Mapquest to search for locations. Now I can search for locations in DDG same as on my iPhone or my wife's iPad as well as my car navigation.

I haven't checked out any other Windows 10 browsers but I suspect that if they use DDG, they should get Apple Maps.

In any case, your statement is true. Apple Maps does not run on Windows itself.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2019 11:10 AM in response to turingtest2

This query started because I was looking for a restaurant menu and the Apple map popped up. A lot better looking than Google or Mapquest. I didn't know how it happened so i asked.

Bright idea, I searched duckduckgo and Apple Maps together and got a surprise. It for turns out that the people that use duckduckgo (DDG) as their search engine will get apple maps as DDG licensed Apple MapKit Js from Apple in January. https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/197786/duckduckgo-integrates-apple-maps-into-search-results

I didn't really notice as I don't use location searches too often. In the past I have opened Google maps or Mapquest to search for locations. Now I can search for locations in DDG same as on my iPhone or my wife's iPad as well as my car navigation.

I haven't checked out any other Windows 10 browsers but I suspect that if they use DDG, they should get Apple Maps.

In any case, your statement is true. Apple Maps does not run on Windows itself.

HOW DO I GET APPLE MAPS ON MY WINDOWS PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.