You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Compatibility with High Sierra/MacBook Pro

Have the iPhone XS. My MacBook Pro is running High Sierra 10.13.6 - I have not upgraded to Mojave as this upgrade no longer support 32bit programs - only 64 - and I have some audio and visual apps that didn''t work when I upgraded to Mojave. So I reinstalled High Sierra. Also running iTunes 12.8.2.3.

Now for my question: Will the new iPhone 11 Pro Max be compatible with the version of High Sierra and/or iTunes I currently have? I've read the tech specs on the Apple Website for the 11 Pro, and I'm not sure. Can I back up using my laptop and iTunes? Thoughts?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 2:22 PM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2019 11:09 AM in response to SGonutz

Hello SGonutz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you would like to know if the iPhone 11 Pro Max will be compatible with macOS High Sierra and iTunes 12.8.2.3 that you're running. I would be happy to help provide more information.

This iPhone will be compatible with your current version of macOS and iTunes as outlined in the system requirements below. If you don't upgrade to macOS Catalina, you can continue using iTunes to backup and sync data with your iPhone:

iPhone 11 Pro - Technical Specifications - Apple

"System Requirements

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access
  • Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:
  • macOS Catalina 10.15 using the Finder
  • macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
  • Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10 or later (free download from itunes.com/download)"

Cheers!

Sep 17, 2019 11:11 AM in response to SGonutz

SGonutz wrote:

- I have not upgraded to Mojave as this upgrade no longer support 32bit programs - only 64 -

32-bit apps continue to work on both High Sierra & Mojave.

In the future release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on these future releases.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13 ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Sep 17, 2019 11:36 AM in response to SGonutz

SGonutz wrote:

I'm asking about compatibility of my current OS and the new iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Buy the phone It is not an issue.

Would not reflect too favorably if Apple released a iPhone and iOS that was not compatible with its own recent macOS.

I have not upgraded to M̵o̵j̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵s̵ ̵u̵p̵g̵r̵a̵d̵e̵ ̵n̵o̵ ̵l̵o̵n̵g̵e̵r̵ ̵s̵u̵p̵p̵o̵r̵t̵ ̵3̵2̵b̵i̵t̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵g̵r̵a̵m̵s̵ - only 64 -

I have some audio and visual apps that didn''t work when I upgraded to Mojave.

You do not specify the "audio and visual apps"

iPhone 11 Pro Max Compatibility with High Sierra/MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.