You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easy way to jump between albums by same artist?

I'm sure I am missing something but more often than not if I want to listen to another album by the same artist the music app always puts me back to the library menu. I then have to search for artist and then the new album. I cant find away to simply back track one level (back to artist) and then choose new album.

Is there an easy way?

Thank you

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Hi,

I just tested a search with an Artist I don’t have, so I would get an authentic test. The red text works in any scenario.

I assume you are using the Music App and not iTunes?

A restart and resetting might be in order for you to fix this. Try the below steps, then test it:

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2019 3:44 PM in response to dweeeeb2018

Hi,

I just tested a search with an Artist I don’t have, so I would get an authentic test. The red text works in any scenario.

I assume you are using the Music App and not iTunes?

A restart and resetting might be in order for you to fix this. Try the below steps, then test it:

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

Sep 18, 2019 1:55 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this doesn’t work, I thought it should hence my question.

• if in my current session I searched artist and album I can back track by using “artist” up top left of screen. However if I just hit play on current song (new session) I can’t backtrack to artist, I get put all the way out to main menu.
  • Nothing happens when I hit reddened band name on current track

thanks

Easy way to jump between albums by same artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.