You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I want to use iCloud for my iPhone and iPad. I understand that iCloud will not back up unpurchased music eg my cd collection which I downloaded to iTunes and then onto my iPhone and iPad.

My question is: -

How do I back up this music?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 3:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 6:21 AM

Greetings,

Thanks for posting. I see you have a question about music on your iPhone.

Since iTunes and iCloud backups do not contain music, you would need to sync the content from your iTunes library on a computer to any other devices: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer

You might also consider checking out Apple Music: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2019 6:21 AM in response to KKKenty

Greetings,

Thanks for posting. I see you have a question about music on your iPhone.

Since iTunes and iCloud backups do not contain music, you would need to sync the content from your iTunes library on a computer to any other devices: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer

You might also consider checking out Apple Music: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Take care.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.