You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I change the view or customize the view in when I receive an e-mail?

how can I change the view in my e-mail panel or customize the view in my MacBook pro 15 ?

all my e-mail appear in full screen I don't know how to make that change in a way that all my e-mail notices will appear in a vertical line. in my lopt top ...help!

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:23 PM

The esc key on your keyboard will also exit full screen mode. it's usually the key at the top left of the keyboard, but depending on your keyboard, it might be someplace else -- also sometimes called the 'escape' key.

There is also a "Classic Layout" that you might try -- open Mail Preferences and click on the Viewing tab along the top -- then click the checkbox labeled "Use classic layout".

In any event, you can use the screen cursor and your trackpad/mouse to vary the width of some columns -- just watch the screen closely as you move the cursor from the left edge to the right edge of the mail window and notice how the cursor changes from a simple arrow pointing the the upper left to an error that points in both directions - thats a hint that you can now click and drag to vary the width of the column to the left of the cursor.

Good luck...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2019 1:23 PM in response to SABIDURÌA

The esc key on your keyboard will also exit full screen mode. it's usually the key at the top left of the keyboard, but depending on your keyboard, it might be someplace else -- also sometimes called the 'escape' key.

There is also a "Classic Layout" that you might try -- open Mail Preferences and click on the Viewing tab along the top -- then click the checkbox labeled "Use classic layout".

In any event, you can use the screen cursor and your trackpad/mouse to vary the width of some columns -- just watch the screen closely as you move the cursor from the left edge to the right edge of the mail window and notice how the cursor changes from a simple arrow pointing the the upper left to an error that points in both directions - thats a hint that you can now click and drag to vary the width of the column to the left of the cursor.

Good luck...

how can I change the view or customize the view in when I receive an e-mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.