You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Bootcamp Black Screen

I've been trying to get my Mac Mini (mid 2011) to install Windows 7 64-bit on a Bootcamp partition. I've also tried this with Sierra with the same results.

It appears that it goes through the following steps:

• Creates a Windows 7 or later verion install disk (on a usb using an ISO of Win7 64-bit
  • Download the latest Windows support software
  • Asks me how I would like to partition the HD

Then it reboots to: No bootable devices - Insert boot disk and press any key

The USB is still plugged in, and I have an external optical that has my Win7 64-bit disc in it. If I try to reboot the machine, then it goes straight to a blank, black screen and nothing happens.

After rebooting, I tried to run the EFI, and it just boots back into Yosemite.

If I go back into Yosemite, and got to BCA, the only option is now to Remove Windows 7 or later version.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get Windows 7 to install properly in Bootcamp? I just successfully installed Win7 64-bit on my mid-2009 iMac with Yosemite. That installation went flawlessly.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:21 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 21, 2019 7:17 PM in response to Loner T

I think I was over thinking it. The BCA instructions are not as specific as I hoped, hence the reason I ended up with a USB and an external with a Win7 disc in it, which I read in one of your previous threads, that it was an issue. In reality, all I needed was a single USB, the ISO someplace on the Mac to create the windows installer without any errors.

Thank Loner T! I couldn't have done this without you!

Yosemite Bootcamp Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.