You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud - Could Apple add a feature to keep original photos on a device for x months?

We all have ever growing photo libraries and want to be able to access and edit those photos where-ever we are.

I have recently signed up to iCloud after both my Mac and Phone were running out of storage.

iCloud offers me the option to “Download Original to a Device” or “Optimise Device Storage”. What I want to be able to do it Edit and Send my most recent photos without having to download them or worry about being offline. It seems like a relatively easy feature to implement where you could keep X months of originals on your device, whilst all the rest are downloadable from iCloud. 

Is it possible to add a feature request for this?

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:26 PM

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback

Similar questions

3 replies

iCloud - Could Apple add a feature to keep original photos on a device for x months?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.