You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning MacPro

I keep getting the message that their are 83 issues found and that they highly recommend cleaning all junk files, privacy traces, rogue apps and other issues found on your app. There is a Clean Now option. However I am always Leary of messages and want some advice if best place to take my computer for cleanup

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:48 AM

H2013agavecactus wrote:

I keep getting the message that their are 83 issues found and that they highly recommend cleaning all junk files, privacy traces, rogue apps and other issues found on your app. There is a Clean Now option. However I am always Leary of messages and want some advice if best place to take my computer for cleanup

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:48 AM in response to H2013agavecactus

H2013agavecactus wrote:

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' - Apple Support

Sep 25, 2019 8:23 AM in response to H2013agavecactus

That message is a scam which is trying to get you to pay for software to "clean" your Mac. You do NOT need it.

It's possible that you have gotten some adware installed on your Mac. Malwarebytes is good at getting rid of that. It won't cost you anything and you can delete it as soon as you're done.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

See also this article:

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Cleaning MacPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.