You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS split view not working

I have a problem since updating my IPad Pro to iPadOS. When I try and use split view I can’t slide the App icon to go to split view, instead Taptic touch cuts in and I get the various options available for the App

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 5:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:17 PM

I had this problem. A new screen displays, showing you the latest files you worked on (if you are using numbers or pages). Just drag the whole thing firmly to the right of your screen and you should get the split. I’m not sure if this was your problem.

2 replies

Sep 25, 2019 6:58 PM in response to PAgrampa

Thanks, this helps partially. I have discovered that if I keep my finger on the icon for a moment or two then the options disappear and I can then drag to the right. But the whole problem is not solved; I have some Apps collected together in folders in the Dock and I used to be able to tap on the folder and then drag the App I wanted to the right to achieve what I wanted but this doesn’t work anymore, can’t drag the App out of the folder. The work around, until hopefully such time as this is restored, is to open the App from the folder beforeI do anything else and then it is in the Dock to drag. Alas not as helpful as it used to be but still possible.

iPadOS split view not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.