You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 Mail App

Ok, so my question is related to the Apple Mail App. Back in iPS 12, I was able to select all in the trash and select delete to delete all. Now with iOS 13 even 13.1.1, the mail app forces me to select each email in my trash individually to be able to delete all. That means if I have over 100 emails that I need to delete, ai have to select all of the manually instead of select all because when I do choose select all, the delete option doesn’t appear like when I start selecting them one by one. Was this changed and I’m just not figuring it out or is it a bug? Thank you Apple Community!! The first pic was double posted but that is when I select all, delete option not available. The 3rd photo is me selecting one by one and the delete option is available.

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:28 AM

Thank you! I am having this exact issue. I just hadn't noticed that you could sellect them individually, and then delete them all. I really would like to see the Select All/Delete All option returned. It's a huge annoyance, but so far, the only major thing I've found in the new IOS.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 10, 2019 11:13 AM in response to jeffersonfromavondale

I have a similar multiple problems when using Apple Mail using iOS 13.1.2.

1) When trying to permanently delete all mails in the Trash folder, I click on the “Select All” tab, not all emails to be deleted are selected.

2) When I try to move an email from the Inbox & Junk folders to another folder or to delete the specific email it takes at least two attempts to move the designated email

iOS 13 Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.