You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11/iOS 13.1 Apple CarPlay settings ignored.

I'm being asked to unlock my phone every time I plug it in, in my car. Even though I have chosen "Allow CarPlay While Locked" is turned on.

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 5:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 1:27 PM

Hi, Todd,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that when connecting your iPhone to your car, you're prompted to unlock the phone even though you have CarPlay set to connect while the phone is locked. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend using the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support.

Should you need additional assistance after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support.

Best.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2019 1:27 PM in response to Todd Templeton

Hi, Todd,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that when connecting your iPhone to your car, you're prompted to unlock the phone even though you have CarPlay set to connect while the phone is locked. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend using the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support.

Should you need additional assistance after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support.

Best.

iPhone 11/iOS 13.1 Apple CarPlay settings ignored.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.