You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Longer Able To Change Current Screen Time Passcode

I am no longer able to change my current screen time passcode to a new one, on any of my 5 iOS devices since I've updated them to 13.x.x.

Currently, I am running iOS 13.1.2 and when I go to

Settings > Screen Time > Change Screen Time Passcode > Change Screen Time Passcode

and I go through the motions of setting up a new passcode by

Enter Old Scren Time Passcode > Enter New Screen Time Passcode > Verify New Screen Time Passcode

the process seems to succeed but the passcode has still not changed to the new one I just chose and the old Passcode continues to be the one that works with Content & Privacy Restrictions etc. and not the new one that I tired to set.

This used to always work up until 13 as I have been changing my passcode every 3 months all along. Not sure what happened but is anybody else having this issue and more importantly, what is the fix?

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 4:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 2:41 AM

Here is what worked for me - I toggled the passcode for a fix:

Settings > Screen Time > Change Screen Time Passcode > Turn Off Screen Screen Time Passcode > Enter Screen Time Passcode

and then

Settings > Screen Time > Use Screen Time Passcode > Set a Screen Screen Time Passcode > Re-enter Screen Time Passcode

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2019 2:41 AM in response to !cultOfApple

Here is what worked for me - I toggled the passcode for a fix:

Settings > Screen Time > Change Screen Time Passcode > Turn Off Screen Screen Time Passcode > Enter Screen Time Passcode

and then

Settings > Screen Time > Use Screen Time Passcode > Set a Screen Screen Time Passcode > Re-enter Screen Time Passcode

No Longer Able To Change Current Screen Time Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.