You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe between screens is locked, only the dots work. WHY?

I'm new to iPhone 11. I'm trying to swipe between screens but it is frozen. But if I touch the dots then I can go to the other screens. WTF!?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 2:42 AM

I powered off and then on again, and now I can swipe page to page normally. I've been lost without the home button and swiping madly around trying to get things to work "intuitively". Eventually I actually had to read the manual. There is nothing there about locking out the swipe left/right to navigate page to page. But one of my mad gestures must have triggered that feature, and cycling power fixed it. It just seems like this new iPhone is worse than the old model 6 I had. But Steve Jobs was still around for the 6, and nobody at Apple is the quality tyrant like Steve used to be. I miss him.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2019 2:42 AM in response to dga60

I powered off and then on again, and now I can swipe page to page normally. I've been lost without the home button and swiping madly around trying to get things to work "intuitively". Eventually I actually had to read the manual. There is nothing there about locking out the swipe left/right to navigate page to page. But one of my mad gestures must have triggered that feature, and cycling power fixed it. It just seems like this new iPhone is worse than the old model 6 I had. But Steve Jobs was still around for the 6, and nobody at Apple is the quality tyrant like Steve used to be. I miss him.

Swipe between screens is locked, only the dots work. WHY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.