You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning ball issue on IMac 5K late 2015 running Mojave. Etrecheck included.Can anyone tell me what next to troubleshoot?

Etrecheck Report

End of report

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 3:04 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2019 3:47 PM in response to Bbaker96

Uninstall the Bitdefender antivirus software according to the developer's instructions: How to uninstall the New Bitdefender Antivirus for Mach. It is not necessary for Macs as there are no know viruses for Macs.

Uninstall Disk Doctor, MacFly Pro. Cleaning apps are not needed nor are "optimizing" apps. Contact the developer's for instructions on manually removing the app and it's support documents.

Oct 4, 2019 9:18 PM in response to Bbaker96

You can see for yourself "Bitdefender" is occupying an inordinate amount of your Mac's resources, consuming energy, and crashing. That's all it will ever do. I was under the impression that's something a computer virus does.

Don't use Western Digital's "drive manager" products either. They provide no beneficial function. Early versions of their software had the undesirable side effect of erasing hard disk drives.

Are you still using a BlackBerry? At least their software isn't crashing.

Spinning ball issue on IMac 5K late 2015 running Mojave. Etrecheck included.Can anyone tell me what next to troubleshoot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.